4everLuv is always on the look out for places to go on a special occasion. The Xi Shi Lounge at the Shangri-La Hotel welcomes in the Year of the Horse with a Chinese inspired Afternoon Tea, from January 31st to February 28th 2014.
We sampled BBQ pork brioche buns, curried tofu and almond wraps, duck spring rolls, and smoked salmon bagels with yuzu mayonnaise. The afternoon classics like orange infused scones with house made clotted creams and a selection of jams was delicious. The sweets were a twist on the traditional with green tea opera cake, egg tarts and black sesame rice balls in ginger soup.
We fell in love with the willow pattern tea service, which has a romantic fable of 4everLuv conquering an arranged marriage.
Come with your bridesmaids, girlfriends, mother and mother in law for a wonderful afternoon, of gracious service and tasty nibbles not to mention an assortment of high quality teas to drink while you discuss your future wedding.
Oh did we mention that any guest born in the Year of the Horse will receive a complimentary afternoon tea*
Chinese New Year Afternoon Tea is available from January 31 until February 28, for $38 per person. Afternoon tea is served daily from 11:00am to 5pm, with live classical piano on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Had a wonderful opportunity to collaborate with these fabulous vendors on a Valentine’s Day theme style shoot at a really cute quaint Princess and the Pea B&B in Langley, BC. I designed custom wedding stationery for the shoot: invitations, menus, table name card, and candy labels for the sweets table. Here is a little sneak peak of the behind the scenes taken from my iPhone! Cannot wait to see all the photos that Nomo took and see our work published!
The ladies who contributed to the shoot:
the Organizer, Cory, Corazon Weddings
the Photographer, Nomo, Simply Sweet Photography
the Venue, Wally, Princess & the Pea B&B
the Sweets, Christine, Cassandra & Clarissa, The Sweetery
the Wedding Stationery & Labels, Wai, 4everLuv Custom Stationery
the Hair and Makeup Artist, Ai, Makeup by Ai Nagasawa
and the Model, Kira
Vendors that provided their products for the shoot:
the Dress, Elle Bay Bridal
the Costume Jewelry, Elsa Corsi & Jeweliette
the Flowers, Garden Party Flowers
the Linens, Chair Decor Etc
the Heart Shape Donuts, Cartems Donuterie
We had so much fun! Hope to work with these lovely ladies again!
Looking for the perfect one of a kind wedding dress?
4everLuv is proud to meet Pure Magnolia at the EPIC Expo! We have fallen for Pure Magnolia’s beautiful Eco couture dresses which are made by sustainable fabrics. Thank you, Pure Magnolia, for letting us know about your amazing Sample Sale this week!
Spreading 4everLuv, wonderful news to our readers! Pure Magnolia will be having a SAMPLE SALE this week in North Vancouver from Thursday, May 24th-26th, 2012. So come check out their beautiful dresses for the one of a kind bride and bridal party!
May 24th they will be at the Lynn Valley Square Farmer’s Market from 2pm-7pm, so come by, get some fresh veggies and check out their dresses. Then continuing their SAMPLE SALE at their studio across the street on May 25th, 9am-5pm and May 26th 10am-5pm. If you can’t make it? Call and make an appointment, Pure Magnolia would love all of our dresses to find their perfect bride.
Dresses will be priced at $200-$1000 (regularly $600-$2000) and dress sizes range from 2 to 8. For more information please check out, Pure Magnolia‘s web site.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE and RETHINK
4everLuv is very excited to be part of the EPIC: Sustainable Living Expo and Green Wedding Show Case taking place on May 11th, 12th and 13th 2012 at the new Vancouver Convention Centre.
Biggest thanks to Paul from The Garden Sanctuary, he will be providing us a beautiful EPIC floral arrangements for the show. The picture above, is one of his creative seasonal arrangements using spring quince blossoms*. For anyone that is curious, the Garden Sanctuary was also the one that created the beautiful arch for Joy & Scott’s beautiful wedding from our previous blog post.
A Green Wedding is when a couple decides to decrease the environmental impact of their wedding. All the decisions made by a couple such as: invitations, flowers, catering, gifts and photography are influenced by this mandate.
Couples can calculate the total Carbon Emissions for their wedding day, have a look at the carbon calculator from CarbonFund.org
We are aware that every day new ideas can be picked up and incorporated into our business and personal lifestyles. As a photography and design business, we have listed some of our principals on being GREEN.
- 4everLuv use digital cameras for weddings, thus no harsh chemicals.
- 4everLuv uses rechargeable batteries for cameras and flashes.
- 4everLuv always recycles batteries, paper, containers and electronic goods are always taken to the correct facilities.
- 4everLuv relies heavily on emails, social sites and web-based promotions.
- 4everLuv does print on paper from time to time but we provide multiple uses in everything we print.
- 4everLuv has private online galleries to view proofs, this can replace the traditional printed 4×6 proofs.
- 4everLuv is always are searching and researching to find better and greener alternatives for wedding products.
- 4everLuv is very excited to have found WHITE GLOVE, which is an eco-friendly wedding book manufacturer.
- 4everLuv likes to reduce car travel; so we bikes and take public transit when not carrying lots of gear
- 4everLuv makes a habit of turning off lights, electronics and computers when not using them.
- 4everLuv supports locally made products and local businesses.
- 4everLuv prefers to work with suppliers who have a green philosophy.
- 4everLuv does not use disposable products like paper plates, plastic utensils etc.
- 4everLuv always donates items which can no longer useful for us but can be useful for others, such as clothes, perishables, appliances and products.
- 4everLuv uses environmentally sound washing powders and soaps.
We will no doubt be learning and incorporating more of new GREEN measures into our life after this weekend at the EPIC Sustainable Living Expo. We look forward to meeting lots of you in the next few days. For more info, tweet us!
Tallulah and Wai
(Photo by Tallulah, Floral Arrangement by Paul – The Garden Sanctuary)